Pan seared scallops with citrus ginger sauce
Published on November 27, 2014 | By Not just olive oil |
- Difficulty Level Begginer
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 diagonally cut green onions
- 500g/ 1 ½ lb. medium sea scallops
- ¼ tsp salt, divided
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ tsp honey
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1. In a large non-stick pan, heat the oil over medium/high heat.
- 2. Add the onions and sauté for 1 minute or until onions are wilted. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 3. Pat scallops dry with paper towels and sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt.
- 4. Add scallops to pan, cook 2 minutes or until golden brown, do not move them.
- 5. Turn scallops, reduce heat to medium and cook for another 1 minute or until done.
- 6. Remove scallops from pan and keep warm.
- 7. Add to pan the orange juice, white wine, honey, lemon juice, ginger, red pepper, and remaining 1/8 tsp salt.
- 8. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until sauce is reduced to half.
- 9. Add scallops to pan, toss to coat.
- 10. Top with onions and serve with rice noodles.