Potato salad with capers and green olives
Published on July 4, 2014 | By Not just olive oil |
- Difficulty Level Begginer
- 1 ½ kg/ 3 lb. potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, quartered
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. capers, rinsed and drained
- Green olives, pitted – about 12 to 14
- Fresh dill, chopped (optional, can use parsley if preferred)
- Sea salt, freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1. Scrub and wash potatoes.
- 2. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- 3. Add potatoes to boiling water and cook until potatoes are soft to the center.
- 4. Remove from water, cool, peel and chop potatoes into large bite-size chunks.
- 5. In a large salad bowl, mix the red onion, green onions, olives, capers, fresh dill (or parsley).
- 6. Add the potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Gently toss, carefully, since the warm potatoes will break easily. Finally, add the eggs and toss only once or twice.
- 7. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 8. Let sit for at least 30 minutes to let flavors blend.
- 9. To serve, sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Servings : 4-6
- Course : Salad, Side Dish
- Recipe Type : meals that travel, One pot Wednesday, Vegetarian
- Ingredient : Capers, Eggs, Olives, Onion, Potatoes