Eggplant rolls stuffed with gorgonzola cheese
Published on November 25, 2014 | By Not just olive oil |
- Difficulty Level Advanced
- (Double the quantities if serving as a main dish)
- 4 eggplants, sliced lengthwise
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 300g/ 1 ¼ cup gorgonzola cheese
- 1tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- – using a fork, soften the cheese and then mix in the mint.
- Sliced sundried tomatoes
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium. Gently fry the eggplant slices until cooked through and lightly browned. (Add more oil if needed, as eggplants tend to absorb the oil quickly) Place on a paper towel to drain oil.
- 2. One at time, spread out the eggplant slices and place one tablespoon of the cheese mixture filling on one end of the slice.
- 3. Fold the slice around the filling to form a roll. Set in a serving platter in an upright position.
- 4. Garnish each roll with one slice of sundried tomatoes and a fresh mint leaf.
- 5. Can be served immediately or cold straight out of the refrigerator.